Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Weekend update

  • We're anxiously awaiting Aunt dot's return. As of 3:00 p.m. EST on Friday, she was in Los Angeles, getting ready to board a flight to Detroit, then to Miami. Apparently she didn't score direct flights. She should be home around midnight.
  • A good friend from the State Attorney's Office had a going away party at a really nice bar in Coconut Grove. T was thrilled. She got to sit at the bar like a big girl, eat chicken fingers, french fries, and diet coke. She was in heaven. Mom was thrilled too. I haven't been out to a happy hour at a hip place in about, oh, 3 years or so. I discovered that hip places now have lots of comfy couches to sit in, big flat screen TVs everywhere you look, and 50% higher prices. Nice.
  • We're home now, watching Enchanted (T's favorite movie at the moment) and looking forward to gymnastics tomorrow, our new handyman coming at noon on sat., and hauling him and Leonor over to my mom and dad's on sunday.
  • We're hoping Great Aunt Connie is feeling better. She fell while trying to hang a curtain rod, broke 2 ribs and banged herself up something good. Now, what my 84 yr old aunt was doing trying to hang anything WITHOUT CALLING ME TO HELP is a mystery. Hopefully, she'll heal quickly.
  • T can't wait for Halloween. She's so excited that she can't stand it.

6 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

We went trick or treating at the downtown businessess last night. Sara woke up yesterday morning asking for trick or treat - unbelievably excited. She loved it and has been in the candy non-stop. She was not a fan of scary costumes on the older kids though - Miss Sensitive. However, she's ready for more next week.
What was happy hour like? Was it wonderful? Did you love it? I'm not sure I'd recognize it if I saw it....
Hope Aunt Connie heals up well.

park it said...

Hi there - you have been tagged - want to play - ck out my blog..
Carol & Kimberly - Florida

KaraP said...

Carol,
Your aunt was making sure you didn't end up with the broken ribs. You have had enough trips to the doctor this year.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Hope that your great Aunt feels better soon!! There is waaay to much bone breaking in your sphere
:(

Welcome home to Dot!

Dorothy said...

I'm home! It took 35 hours from the time I left the hotel in Manila until I walked into my condo. Oooo, my bed felt good.

chart said...

WELCOME HOME, DOROTHY.....
My sincere thanks to all for your good wishes. I am much better and well on the way to recovery. I know Carol would have done this chore for me but this tough old bird thought she could handle a simple task like hanging curtains. Well, she flapped her wings and took a tumble. Again, thank you.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: