Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I've been Tagged


..for the first time ever by our friends at Chopsticks and Tabouli. So, here we go...

1. Like Carol McK, I too am hooked on diet coke. However, I've recently make a move toward Cherry Coke Zero. T calls it medicine soda. However, I've been known to add a cafe con leche to my caffiene diet, when I need a real boost.

2. I hate scary movies, unless they're the 1950's to 60's kind. They're just funny.

3. My favorite color is purple.

4. I don't make my bed unless company is coming over. My theory is why bother...its just going to get messed up in a few hours anyway.

5. Someday we'd like to live up north, where there are seasons and it snows...but not too much. I'm thinking around DC or Philly. Must be a big city, though. Hmm, maybe when T goes off to college.

6. My fav city in the US to travel to is NYC. God, I love that town.

7. In Oct-Nov 2011, we're planning to go to Europe on vacation, for dot's 50th birthday. Have yet to decide the city. Probably London. T will be 6. That's hard to believe. Let's hope that the dollar is stronger by then, so we can afford it.


In checking out other people's blogs, almost everyone I "know" has been tagged already. The other people I'd tag either don't have blogs, or their blogs are pass protected. So, I'm slightly changing the rules: I'm just tagging one blog ...the IttyBittyLadybug Blog. Let's see if Cece can come up with 7 random or weird shopping tips or gift ideas!

I'm also tagging the following people, who can place their answers in the comments section of this post:

Laura M.
Kara P.
Great Aunt Connie
Ceci
Dot
Taylor

11 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Taylor says:

1. I like chocolate milk.

2. My favorite princess is:

3. My favorite food is:

4. My favorite color is:

5. My favorite place to go is: disney

6. My favorite job at school is: the weather reporter. (Apparently, she gets to go outside, look at the sky, and report to the class what the weather is)

7. My favorite movie is: Enchanted.

(more to come as she cooperates with answers)

Laura said...

Laura's random facts:

1. I will jump on the diet coke train - absolutely addicted and drink the equivalent of about 3 cans per day. Steve occasionally puts me on diet pepsi if it's on sale due to the amount I go through. He tried putting me on various generics such as the Sam's brand but I was not having it. I loved diet vanilla coke before it was taken off the market. Never been big on the cherry.

2. My favorite place to visit is the U.S. Virgin Islands, a hangover from my 3 years living on St. Croix in the early 90's.

3. I love buffalo wings - my favorite bar food.

4. I love bookstores. During the pre-Sara years, Steve and I would occasionally go to Barnes and Noble on Friday evenings and each disappear to our own sections. We'd come back together hours later to share dessert before we headed home.

5. Some fave movies are Sideways, Oceans 11, Office Space, My Cousin Vinny and Shawshank Redemption.

6. In a recent effort to trim Sara's bangs, I accidentally butchered them. They're waaay to short. Luckily, she already had her school pictures taken.

7. My dad worked for 30+ years for Wisconsin's department of corrections and was a warden for a prison the last 15 years. He retired 4 years ago.

Maybe I'll tag Sara and Steve and make them post.

Laura said...

P.S. Welcome home Dot!!! 35 hours...yikes! Makes China look like a hop, skip and a jump!

Laura said...

Sara says:

1. My favorite thing to drink is apple juice.

2. My favorite princess is Ariel the mermaid (also my Halloween costume!)

3. My favorite food is going trick or treating to get candy!

4. My favorite color is green. (2 seconds later) My favorite color is pink!

5. My favorite game is the Packers - watching at Omi's house. (On Sundays, we often go to my parents' house for football and dinner.)

6. My favorite part of school is Chinese class. (Saturday morning Chinese immersion program)

7. My favorite movie is The Little Mermaid.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Taylor says:

1. I like chocolate milk.

2. my fav princess is mulan

3. my favorite food is hot dog and cheese

4. My fav color is red

5. My fav place to go is the playground.

6. My fav job at school is plates and forks and napkins

7. My fav movie is Enchanted

...I found that I can't go back and edit the comments. Some of the answers have changed in the last couple hours. Toddlers are so fickle!

Dorothy said...

1. I like diet coke too, oceanspray ruby red grapefruit juice (cause it really isn't juice) and chardonnay.

2. If I could live in another country it would be England but only if I could afford it.

3. I'm a procrastinator like my Dad.

4. I just turned 47 and I've only had two jobs in my life (not counting Marcella's Italian Restaurant in high school). That means two job interviews. The first job lasted 14 years and this one is just now 16. Oh my...

5. As I've gotten older, I'm afraid of heights. I can't stand higher than the 2nd step on a 3 step step-ladder. I get sick.

6. My all time favorite movie is Sound of Music.

7. I am a recovering Sweet Adeline. (Laura, are you in denial?)

8. I'm always on time for everything except the morning I had to meet Carol to go to China!!! I overslept. However, we made the plane.

9. I can't stick my hand in a chicken or turkey to pull out the bag of "innerds". I use tongs.

10. I have almost no sense of smell. (Comes in handy sometimes.)

Laura said...

Dot,
The minimal sense of smell helps explain your bravery with the Eastern bathrooms in China! And yes, I am in denial...although I can probably still butcher a tag with the best of them! Whenever we watch Wizard of Oz and I hear "Over the Rainbow", I mentally throw in the barbershop harmonies. Judy Garland or no Judy Garland, I think my version sounds better!

Laura said...

Steve says:

1. I'm a huge Michigan State fan and root for all MSU teams.

2. I love playing poker.

3. I'm a huge fan of Lynard Skynard.

4. I love a perfectly grilled steak on a warm day. Or a cold day - doesn't matter.

5. A dream is to learn to fly a small airplane. Laura's not terribly supportive of that idea, especially since this is the first she's heard about it.

6. A very distant dream is living in or traveling extensively in China/Hong Kong. I'm very drawn to it for obvious reasons.

Yoli said...

Came to your blog via Lisa's. Love it and your little girl is gorgeous. My favorite city is also NYC. I live in Key Largo, I see you are in Miami.

chart said...

Well, here I go.........

1. I can't leave my bedroom in the morning without first making my bed. Got this from my
Sister, T's Grandmother.

2. My day MUST start with Coffee and newspaper.

3. Favorite color is blue.

4. I'm a collector - not a pack rat.

5. I prefer ice water to carbonated drinks.

6. Love going to Hard Rock. I'm a beginner in the Poker Room.

7. Hate going to hair dresser.

8. I'm a big, big, fan of Marlins and Dolphins.

9. I think this enough for now.

Itty Bitty Ladybug said...

Yikes! I think I'm the last to post - which leads me to:

1. No matter how hard I try, I am late (or later than I would like to be) to everything.

2. If I was as brave as I would like to be, and a few decades older, I would love to experiment with rainbow hued hair color.

3. Meatloaf is still my favorite. All three kids know the words to a lot of his songs.

4. I love to go to weddings and other big celebrations because it's so much fun getting out on the dance floor with the kids and watching them get their groove on.

5. I am the world's biggest cry baby. Tell me anything happy or sad and I'm guaranteed to cry in no time flat.

6. If I had a million dollars I would love to travel the world for a few years and bring my family and friends with me.

7. I am still very intimidated by blogging and posting.

Welcome home Dorothy! I'm glad you are back safe and sound!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: