Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Land...

...turns out that the land may not be as easy to sell as first thought. Like in the case of a messy divorce where you can get the divorce order, but the SOB is still a member of the family, it seems The Land isn't so easy to divorce ourselves of as well. The potential purchaser is attempting to change the rules near the end of the game. Not sure where that will leave us. I just know that we're in a much better position now, than before we went to Deland in September. Luckily, I insisted on getting our original sales/purchase contract amended in writing. Yet even with that, we now may be having to hire a local lawyer to assist us and preserve our rights.

Its all quite stressful. In the criminal practice of law, your word is very much your bond. If I make a plea offer on an armed robber who I think has no prior convictions of two years, and then I find out while the offer is outstanding that he really has 3 prior murder convictions, rule is that I stand by my offer. If the defendant accepts it, so be it. Nothing says if rejected that I have to offer it again. But during that crucial time when the offer is outstanding, we stand by it. Our word is our bond. Remember when that used to be the usual way of doing business? Apparently, its not anymore.

At least not in the civil arena, I'm finding. Today I tried to get written confirmation that our purchaser is rejecting the offer, and he wouldn't give it. So, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Que Sera, Sera.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: