Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Big Night Tongiht

Both T and I are gearing up for the big debate tonight. We've ordered in some spaghetti, are about to have our baths, and I'm contemplating breaking open a fine bottle of white Zin. The only thing missing is Aunt Dot. Here's hoping that she can get it in Manila. Problem for me is that I think the great debate conflicts with the Project Runway Finale. Crap.

Meanwhile, how does a 3yr old put a big crimp in her mom's halloween plans?? I've been sitting very pretty, quite complacent in my knowledge that T would never ever consider being anything other than a Princess for Halloween. Occasionally, I'll ask her what she wants to be, as we talk about the big holiday. I always get the same answer....except for tonight!

T announces out of nowhere, that she wants to be a Robot. Huh? Then after some rethinking as I'm googling "robot toddler costume" and other costumes are popping up, she spies a superhero costume. I haven't heard the end of it since then. We'll see whether or not this is a fluke in the coming days.

Hmm, could a Wonder Woman costume be in our future? It would thrill me. ANYTHING besides the incessant princess theme would just make my day. Finally! Relief!

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Snowflowers Mum said...

I am waiting anxiously for the debate...as you well know by seeing my blog, I don't shy away from the political!!

My 3 year old is a superhero for Halloween...batcat(from charlie & lola series) it's wildly obscure but she knows who she is and the costume was easy to make/create.

Robots...funny you say that too...Piper has been doing a Robo dance for the past few weeks and we have no idea where she got it from!

GOBAMA!

Dorothy said...

I'm just back up to the room after my dinner at 6am of steak, rice and wine. Delish!! Beef Steak Tagala (Filipino). Need the recipe. CNN Int'l will run it live at 9am local time (that's 9am Th am here)your 9pm Wed night. All the locals are very interested in our election. They all want to know about Barack. Everyone tells me they think he will help the world. Makes me proud to be an American so far away from home.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: