Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another Milestone Reached...

T is growing up so fast, its truly astounding to me. I recall my parents saying it quite often about my sister and I when we were growing up, and I'd just roll my eyes and think they were dorks. I'm now starting to get a little glimpse of what they were feeling, and let me say that I don't like it at all.

I've found that its the little things that lead me to these "growing" realizations. It happened just tonight while watching TV. T was watching Return to Neverland, the tail end of it. I was on my laptop. Finally, I realize that a new show is on. One she usually doesn't watch on Jetix. Pucca. But I still didn't have my realization until later in the evening. I have developed the useful knack of being able to tune out cartoons that she watches (all except stupid blues clues which I HATE and can never tune out). Anyway, I came to this earthshattering revelation when I realized that she was totally engrossed in watching the Incredible Hulk cartoon, and not asking to change it.

In the past, she'd always say, "I don't like that show" or "I don't like that man", or something similar. This evening? She was engrossed. I even asked her if she like watching it, and she said yes. Sigh.

She's growing up and moving on from baby cartoons to big girl cartoons. All in the blink of an eye.

Make it stop!

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

There is no stopping it. IT just keeps going and going and going.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Yup, it absolutely never stops and now to prove it my son has a more important woman in his life...his fiancee...UGH!

Enjoy every second...even the tough ones ;0)

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: