Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Thank God for Good Friends

My trial is over. Guilty as charged, all 14 counts. Def. was finally taken into custody, and sentencing is in November. Jury came back around 7:45 tonight. This is the part of my job that I love. Surpisingly for some, the guilty verdict is not what makes me happy. Frankly, its always a bitter sweet kind of thing for me. Gee, I've just proven that someone has done a terrible thing. There have only been about 3 guilty verdicts in about 17 years, that truly made me happy happy and want to celebrate. They were truly evil people. Anyway, I find satisfaction in the fact that this guy has stolen properties from countless others, and would continue doing it in the future if not stopped. That's what gives me satisfaction. Not the fact that this man, who has 6 children, will be going to prison for a very long time. Frankly, that's just sad.


Anyway, on to the point of my post before I digressed. Our friend Jack has been picking T up from school every day. I can't tell you what a relief it was to know that t was happy and being taken care of. As a control freak, its very difficult to admit that I can't "do it all". With our beloved Aunt dot out of town, that sad fact is abundantly clear. I truly have no idea what single moms do who don't have close friends. Who have perhaps recently located to a new town, and have no friends and family. Funny how having kids so changes one's outlook on life.

Anyway, I went over to Jodie and jack's bar and grill, and had a celebratory cocktail and dinner, courtesy of them. Jodie is a delish cook. Dinner, a cocktail, and baby sitting services all in one. How could a girl get so lucky?

Tomorrow is gymnastics, then the big Princess party. And the biggest news, monday is a holiday and I think that the daycare is open. ITS A MOMMY DAY!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

#



HiYa...Congratulations on your court win. That makes you golden. Right?
BTW, T is precious in her Sleeping Beauty outfit. Enjoy your Saturday - you have earned it. Luv Ya..C

chart said...

Nerts...I mean Snow White.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: