Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lord, She was Born a Ramblin' (Wo)Man...

...tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best she can.... (The Eagles, circa 1974?)

Dot jetted off this morning to Manila, the Phillipines. We're going to miss her greatly. She's not scheduled to come back unitl October 24. That is, if all goes as scheduled and they don't extend her.

We went out to dinner last night, so she could get her T fix and one last kiss to last her these next few lonely weeks. I'm under stict orders to post everyday, with a picture of T. We'll see how well that goes, with me in trial, but I'll try. I'm now truly a "single mom" every day of the week, not just during the week.

I'm pawning poor T off on a friend this afternoon, so that I can go to the library with my laptop and get some work done. T will be going to a school picnic, barring any rain that is. T gets very annoyed when I'm working and not paying enough attention to her. She even has the audacity to come up to me and start hitting buttons on the computer while I'm typing, among other things. I can't tell you how annoying that is. I'm ready to KILL her! GRRRR.

So, in the interest of peace and serenity and my sanity, its best she goes off with little Sophie and Nick.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

KaraP said...

Mae-Lei does the same thing. It drives me absolutely bananas.

Manette said...

LOL... Glad to hear I'm not the only one with demanding children!!! ;)

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: