Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Change of Plans


...there'll be no mama party tonight. Screw the League of Prosecutors. The last thing I want to do is be standing around in a room with a bunch of lawyers, eating crappy hors durves (how do you spell that stupid word?) and making polite chit chat when tonight is Barack's big TV show. I don't care how deserving the Judge is who is being honored and how much I like him. We've got historic TV watching to do tonight. Plus, my handyman is here again tonight.

I've already struck a deal with T. We agreed that she would watch TV first while I played on the computer, then we'd switch to a mama show starring Barack, and she could play on the computer. She's thrilled with the deal. Her comment? "OK, that's wonderful!"

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Manette said...

Negotiation (sp?) was the number one parental tactic I learned... Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses it!!! lol.

KaraP said...

I won't be watching the 30 minute "thing." I refuse. Plus, I have already voted, one because I am tired of all the crappy commercials, two, I don't care any more and I am ready for this to be over.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

That was wonderful. Love that girl of yours...so smart!

Go Barack go!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: