Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, October 3, 2008

Pending AWOL Alert...

Its true, I may be going bloggy AWOL for a while, as I'm about to enter trial hell. I say that, not b/c my case sucks, but rather its more of a logistical hell. Trial starts monday, and this judge has a rep of sticking to a firm schedule of 10:30 to 6:00 p.m., every day "unless the jury elects to stay later". While normally I'd love the consistency and reliability of the schedule, its hell when you have to pick your kid up from daycare by 6:00 p.m. Its even worse when your steadfast backup, Aunt Dot, will be in Manila for the duration of the trial.

Luckily, I have some great friends. My friend Jack will be picking her up everyday. He and Jodie live in the Brickell area, which is right next to downtown. T is excited b/c she'll get to ride the metro mover everyday. Now that's a treat!

Though my case isn't the strongest in the world...my star witness is who we endearingly call Crackhead Cecilia...b/c, well, before going to jail she was a MAJOR crackhead. Luckily, she's dried out in the last couple years she's been spending in the jailhouse, so that's good. Anyway, I'll regale you all with the juicy details of my case another night. For now, I'm busy prepping...if one can call it that with a 3.5 yr old in the house. Perhaps I should say I'm "attempting to prep".

Anyway, tomorrow is gymnastics, then my roofer will be stopping by to check out my suspicious ceiling. Say a prayer that fixing it won't bankrupt me. I don't think that my personal portfolio is big enough for Washington to have any interest in bailing me out!

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: