Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Can't Believe What I Said...

...thank God T is still a little too young to call me on the ridiculous things I say, when I'm in the Haze of Lunacy that descends upon me given her Mischief and Mayhem. T did not mess with her soap last night. She also didn't mess with my soap, shampoo, conditioners, or face wash.

What did she get into? Take one good guess. What could possibly be left??????


The Fricken Hand Soap!

T comes running into the living room nude, demanding a bath. I go in to fix it, blabbing on about her use of the soap, when I smell the lovely smell of vanilla shea butter. The handsoap was spread all around the sink, onto the wall behind the toilet, and onto the top of the toilet tank. (My toilet is very clost to the sink, and T stands on it when she washes her hands and brushes her teeth.) Anyway, I recall how she had gone to wash her hands after her fingerpainting foray.

I lost it.

"Taylor XianYi Jordan"! That's it, young lady, If you get get into any bottle of liquid in this room mone more time, there will be no more baths for you! Blah Blah Blah I went on about how wrong this was and not nice, etc. After I just had to laugh. Huh? Did I actually threaten her with "no more baths"? Thank god she's too little to call me on it! Does anyone else say idiotic things to their kids in these situations?

So today there's no surprise, we're off to Publix.

Take one guess as to what item holds a prominent spot on our list.

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

Oh the joys of parenthood...just wait till you read todays adventure - lets just say something about hair and scissors... oh yea and about loosing it... :-)

Dorothy said...

I didn't like that honey shea butter soap anyway. It smelled so sweet it gave me a stomach ache. Glad Taylor got rid of it and it's gone. I know, I'm the one who bought it in the first place.
She can't get in trouble for trying new things. It's your job to be one step ahead of her and get it out of her way. :-)

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Yeah, T could demolish the whole house, Dot's house, and the neighbors' houses, and she still wouldn't get in trouble with Aunt Dot

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Too funny...I use the bath threat with Ethan because nothing hurts the "E" man more than to lose his bath.

When I say it I have to laugh at how ridicuous it sounds..LOL

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: