Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Trial has Begun---and other misc. stuff...

Here's the news update for Aunt Dot in Manila.....

1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I tried to get T to sing it on video, but she's not cooperating.

2. My trial has begun. I picked the Jury and my partner did opening statements. Tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday is scheduled for testimony. No court on Thurs., due to the Jewish holiday.
Anyway, this case involves the defendant stealing houses by filing forged quit claim deeds at the clerks office. He used Crackhead Cecilia, my star witness, as a straw purchaser to take title. Then had her sell the houses to innocent third parties. Nice, huh? One of the real owners of one of the houses was a 90 yr old woman in a nursing home. She's since died. The defense seems to be that he was an "innocent victim" and crackhead cecilia did it all. We figured on that. We'll see how it goes.

3. Uncle Jack picked T up from school. They rode the train back to his house, and hung out until I could pick her up at about 8:15 p.m. They both report that they had lots of fun.

4. T's new Sleeping Beauty dress arrived just today. Its not too long, but I think I do need to take up the spaghetti straps so that it doesn't hang down so far. Sometimes, you can see her non-existant boobs. She'll wear this to the party this weekend.

5. My roofer who blew me off this weekend, showed up before work when I was trying to get out of the house. Can't tell you how annoyed I was at that. Anyway, thinks the problem is my a/c sweating and causing the mark. He's going to come back and do some maintenance work on the roof, and check it out further then.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Manette said...

Wow... You've been a busy gal! Happy B-day to Dot and hope she's enjoying Manila. Next time she travels have her swing by my house to pick me up. I'm all over traveling, though I'd really miss my kids... Okay, never mind. Darn. ;) Good luck with your trial. I'll bet this is the fun part of your job. And I hope T enjoys her party in her new (albiet, too long) outfit! ;)

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: