Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday's Fix

Here's some news for Aunt Dot, in no particular order:

  • Went to Nordstom's for our Fri night dinner. T ate 1 chicken finger, and proceeded to knaw the batter off the other 2. The chicken looked gross. She looked really cute, in her Target trick or treat outfit that Aunt Dot bought her. The 18 mo pants fit slightly big in the waist and slightly short, but they're OK.

  • I was shocked when I filled my tank up today. I got over 15 gallons for just under 50.00. Gas was $3.09 / gal. Since Dot drives either 30 or 60 miles per day (I always forget which), she emailed me today asking about the price. Personally, I suspect the Republicans, namely Bush for both the recent escalation and drop in price. I suspect that Bush and his Big Oil co-conspirators were keeping the price aritificially high so that they could reap the profits. Now that the economy is in the toilet and the Joker is losing, Bush, Rove, et.al. are lowering the price to try and appease all the angry constituents.

  • I made a big score at Pottery Barn Kids tonight. Some readers may not know this strange fact about me, but I have a dish fetish. I confess. I have an odd obsession with buying dishes. Its odd, b/c as everyone knows, I dont cook and have limited cabinet space. Why I think I have to have them, I have no idea. Anyway, I have almost every color of fiesta-ware, which are my everyday dishes. Then I have lots of other patterned plates to mix in. One of my favorite patterns is my Xmas dishes. I have the Rudolph the Reindeer pattern from Pottery Barn. Scored them at an after xmas sale and LOVE them. Well, tonight I was in PotBarnKids and what do I see? The same pattern but in plastic! Score! They'll be perfect for T and any other kid that's here during the holidays, and it will all coordinate perfectly. I only bought 4 dinner and 4 salad plates, since they were NOT on sale and cost a FORTUNE, given they're just stupid plastic dishes, but I couldn't resist. I'm hoping I can buy the other 4 of each after xmas. Wish me luck.

  • Colin Powell is on Meet the Press on Sunday. I think he may be endorsing Obama. BIG NEWS. We'll see what happens. Hope you can get it in Manila. A number of historically Republican newspapers have just endorsed him as well.

  • Early voting starts Monday. Take one guess who will be there casting her vote for Hope??

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

KaraP said...

Carol,
You are such a die-hard dem. It's the oil speculators. It's the cost per barrel that drives the cost of gas. Nothing to do with George W, unless you blame him for the economy being in the crapper and people doing less travelling. Therefore more oil in the reserves, it's a matter of supply and demand. Sorry.

Laura said...

Sorry, Kara - I don't buy it. I won't get into a long debate on Carol's blog but two things: the Bush/Cheney ties to big oil have been well reported and look at the price of oil versus the price of gas - one falls fast and one falls slow. Look at profit percentages fo automakers compared to oil. There are some very significant things influencing gas prices besides supply and demand. And yes, I do believe Bush and many years of Repulican control for the economy.
I have been enjoying filling up the car for under $60 though - it's a treat!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: