Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mr. Clean...or should I say Miss Clean?


T fans may not know it, but now that T is 3 yrs 7 mo old, she takes a bath "all by herself." I go in and turn on the water, get her in, then she plays. I come in at some point to make sure that her hair is washed, but otherwise she has a grand old time playing and getting clean. When the water starts running cold, she starts screaming that she's done.

Well, T has started taking it to an extreme with the soap. No surprise there, huh? She tends to take everything to an extreme. Within the last 3 days, we have gone through 2.5 bottles of johnson and johnson soap. The 20 oz. size. Each night I've chastized her about using all that soap and how she should only use a small amount, but she can't help herself. Plus, she's tall enough to reach the soap bottle now, so how can she resist? The soap is sitting there like an attractive nuisance, taunting her. She has a ball getting everything all sudsy. So, I'm now in the market for a bar soap appropriate for toddlers. I figure the bar soap won't be as sudsy.

Anybody got any suggestions for a bar soap? I think I need something fairly mild, as she gets excema. Therefore, I probably need something that's moisturizing, too, but won't burn out her eyes.
UPDATE: What did mom's, or frankly anyone, do before google? Just found this online. Anybody got experience with it or other comment?

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

Hmmm, how about this...just give the tub a few squirts of soap and then put it out of her reach.
I still want her to smell like a baby. No grown up soap yet!

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Well, I thought of that, but given her recent penchant for using chairs and such to climb, I was worried that she'd use either the toilet or the stool to climb up while slippery wet. The child knows no fear.

KaraP said...

Carol,
I was going to tell you about that soap last night, but you found it before I could tell you. Glad you found it. A friend of mine uses it and loves it.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: