Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

OH MY GOD

The party is over, thank god. I say that b/c it was the hottest party I've ever been to in my life. As you can see from the first picture, we were the first ones there. If T had had her way, we would have arrived at 9:00 a.m. this morning. It was held at a friends house of the parents of the birthday girl. It was at a large house in coral gables, which sat on a humongous lot. Yes, that is in fact a tennis court you see in their side yard. I suspect that they could have fit 3 in just the side yard alone.


The birthday girl is holding belle's hand in the 2nd picture. She was having a great time. I must confess that T showed great foresight in insisting on the 2nd dress. Snow white didn't survive the bounce house. The red ribbon on the bottom is now 1/2 off. I tried to get T to change into princess shorts and Tshirt, but she would have none of that. Insisted on wearing Aurora...long sleeves and all. I was certain HRS was going to come and arrest me for torturing my child, but there you go. T's hair was actually wet. For the last 45 minutes we were there, I was sure she was about to "turn", and melt down into full tantrum. Luckily, that didn't happen, thank god.
Anyway, I finally bribed her into leaving the party at around 3:00. Told her that if she got into the car and got into her shorts and t-shirt, she'd get a present (the Princess laden loot bag) and an Ariel Cookie. That was that. Into the car she went and she was out cold before we were a mile away from the place. Of course, she not before she filled the car with cookie crumbs that I now have to clean up. She's blissfully napping now.

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

Only 3 pictures?

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Hey, be grateful I got the 3. You try chasing after that cranky kid in 90+ degree heat...high humidity...and no fricking breeze!!!! Most of the time she was in the bouncehouse, and I couldn't get a shot of that. The rest of the time she was running around inside this museum of a house. I had visions of her breaking some bazillion dollar chachtke or spilling something on their furniture. Kid-friendly it was not!

What's worse, many of the photos I did attempt didn't even come out.

Anybody sensing my frustration??

Itty Bitty Ladybug said...

In all my years of party going I have never seen such a huge bouncy house! It looks like it would fit 50 kids!

Brownie Troop 157 said...

yes, and that bounce house was one of two...

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: