Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Who Turned the Lights Out?

From 8:30 p.m. Friday night until 12:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon, we've been without power. FPL had some type of problem with equipment, and our neighborhood electricity went out after some impressive explosions of transformers. T and I were left in the dark, but luckily, there's been a cool snap.

A huge fire engine arrived 2 doors down, as a power line was on the ground. We strolled down and the lady fire fighter let T inside the cab of the engine. She had a grand old time. Then, apparently, my burglar alarm signaled trouble due to the electricity being cut, and dispatched the police to my house. Then FPL showed up to fix the downed line, and we spent quite a while watching them go up and down in their cherrypicker. I know T was trying to angle for a ride in it, but that's a big no-no for them to give people rides, so I diverted her attention without a tantrum.

Lickity split, I started getting out the hurricane supplies...mainly the battery operated lanterns and radio. Unfortunately, T was sticking to me like glue in the dark house, and Miss Eagle-Eye spied one of her xmas presents in the closets. There was no unringing that bell. I'm so annoyed at myself that I didn't have it in a bag. So, here she is playing with one of her big presents. Its a cool castle with lots of moving parts and secret compartments. No batteries needed. Its even got a working cannon so that you can literally pelt the thing with cannonballs. She's loving it.

T's behavior has been less than stellar, but we're surviving. I've ordered a book, and paid double the price, ie. the same amount of the book in shipping, just so that I could get it in 2 days. It should be arriving today. I'll be studying it intently. Thank you all for your tips, both in the comments and privately.

Posted by Picasa

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: