Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm a Fucking Idiot!

So, while T was napping today, I got the bright idea to wrap some of her presents. I was thinking that if they were wrapped up in the closet, I'd avoid the fiasco of the weekend wherein she found the castle in the closet. So, I wrapped up the one present I was most worried about b/c it wasn't in any kind of bag or box, and put it back into the closet.

As an aside, anyone with a bad back should avoid wrapping presents on the dining room table. One must bend at just the right angle that it will DEFINITELY aggravate a tricky back. I've already popped a pain pill.


Anyway, I decided that I'd wrap up a few more ...three to be exact... and put them under the tree. From me, not from Santa. I did this last year and it was fine. T never touched them or showed any interest in opening them early. I figured it would be fine this year, too. As I said, I lost my mind. That's what happens when one is stuck in the company of a 3 yr old all day long, especially on a day after a weekend.

So, I'm bitching to Ceci on the phone who is offering up good tips on how to deal with T. I temporarily went to the bedroom for privacy and also b/c T was on the computer and the sound was interfering with my conversation. Next thing I know, T is in my room with her xmas present Jasmine pants on and no shirt. She's thrilled.


Yes, my daughter opened up one of the xmas presents that I had just wrapped. As I start to get mad, Ceci gave my a telephonic slap in the face and brought me back to reality. Did I really think I could put presents under the tree and T not open them? Ummm, yeah. So, with the rate I'm going, there will be nothing left for Santa to bring on xmas morning.

Where does one buy a lump of coal for a stocking????

7 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

Yes, you are. What is the matter with you. No more presents under the tree until Xmas Eve after she's gone to bed.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

T just went to open a 2nd present, and I lied through my teeth. i told her that the other 2 under the tree are for Aunt Dotty.

So far, she's buy that...

park it said...

Girlfriend you need to get all that stuff out of the house - let it disapear while you are at work - and just play dumb - like Santa said it was not Chiristmas so they had to go back to the N pole or something equally as lame - oh but do tell where you got the COOL Jasmine stuff -!
ps put fake tags on them too - she knows what her name looks like written right...show her - see this is for Susie Q...Good Luck!

Mary Ellen said...

When my kids were small, I hid packages EVERYWHERE - other people's houses, attic, basement, and my favorite? the trunk of my car. My mom used to do the same thing, and almost every year she would come across some gift in July and pull it out and say, "oh, I forgot I had this. Merry Christmas!" Now it's me that does it! You need to learn to be SNEAKY.

park it said...

What no post today - come on t - push one of moms buttons 0 she might just have one left!

Manette said...

M found all of their Santa gifts just the other day. They were all wrapped, thank goodness, but I told him that if he went near them again that Santa would take them back (because good little boys don't peak at gifts, even the ones under the tree). That threat seems to work because they have yet to open a gift, even the ones under the tree. One day they'll start learning how to open and rewrap the gifts (just like I did to my mom). ;) My girlfriend, on the other hand, gets so tired of her gang (her hubby included) peaking at the gifts that she has stopped labeling them. Each person gets a different color of wrapping paper and she's the only one who knows the code. I did that this year with the kids' Santa gifts. Hopefully it works!

On a positive note... We all do things like this. I know I felt liek a complete dunce when M found his presents the other day! I think it's their job to drive parents insane!!! lol!!!

KaraP said...

Whatever you do, don't do coal. My sister is 33 and still talks about the Christmas our Gram Judd got her "Candy" Coal for Christmas. To this day, she is still traumatized by that.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: