Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Medicinal Day Off


Yes, around 1:00 p.m. today I submitted a leave slip for the rest of the day and tomorrow, and am taking a medicinal day off. T will be promptly shipped off to daycare. I'm not stupid.


I informed the daycare of Miss Colgate 2008's early morning hi-jinx, and they were less than thrilled. Miss Cynthia, who is stickler for rules, was apparently lecturing T all day long. She also gave me a gift worth its weight in gold....


Miss Cynthia says that they aren't supposed to do this, but she reported that she was telling T that her mommy is going to report to her everyday whether or not she's a good girl at home. If she's not, she will not be assigned a job for the day. Wooooo. Miss Cynthia has brought out the big guns. Apparently, all the little kids spend the early morning jockeying to be chosen for particular "jobs" at school. T apparently treasures her jobs. This is major stuff. Let's hope it works and that Miss Cynthia will follow through.


Meanwhile, poor T was in a little mix up at school with claire. Apparently Claire was chasing her, T tripped, hit her head on the concrete sidewalk, and Claire came tumbling after. T insisted she was tripped from behind. The teachers report, however, that they say it happen and noticed no trip. I tend to believe them. Claire, you may remember, is her nemesis from the 2yr old room. The two of them were always fighting over something.
So, in close, I'll be spending tomorrow doing lots of errands that I can't complete with T around. I will be blessedly by myself. Grocery shopping, target run, costco run to pick up my xmas cards to mail out, Michaels to get a photo framed, etc. I can't wait. I think I'll also pick up some bourbon and a bottle of nog and give myself a little xmas cheer in the evening.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

Good for you. It sounds like heaven! Enjoy - and way to get the teacher on your side! THAT's a gift!

Itty Bitty Ladybug said...

Having the teachers on your side when you are engaged in battle can make all the difference! Those teachers have some great tricks up their sleeves that can work wonders. Good luck! xoxo

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: