Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Let the Christmas Celebrations Begin!



Yep, its Friday night and I'm done with work. I also submitted a leave slip for Monday and Tuesday, so for all intents and purposes...it's Christmas! Dot is in the air flying, and should be landing anytime now. So, what do we have to do in the next few days?





  • Go xmas shopping on monday and tuesday while T is in school, and get presents for everybody OTHER than T


  • Visit Santa's Enchanted Forrest one evening...that's an amusement park that's all lit up and decorated for the holidays.


  • Visit the little xmas display park in coral gables


  • Wrap up all the presents and store them in the closet


  • Try not to let T drive me insane in the process


I feel I have a better than average chance of completing four out of five of the above bullets. Its that last one that I feel may give me trouble. We'll see.



We're settling back now, to watch Horton Hears of Who. I always give thanks for a new movie to add to T's reportiore...no matter how good or bad. Variety is the spice of life!

6 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

We saw Horton in the theater when Kara, Mitch and Mae were here and Sara liked it. She asks to have the book read to her pretty often still. I may have to pick up the movie. Love T's various Christmas outfits - she looks great!
Cling to your sanity for all it's worth and good luck. We're off to Barnes and Noble and Toys R Us for some last minute stuff. More snow on the way. Gawd, do I miss my Florida humidity.

Itty Bitty Ladybug said...

I can't believe the Enchanted Forest is still around! Didn't you and Dottie go when you were little? Love the Jolly dress!

xoxo,

KaraP said...

I second what Laura said. We loved it and so did Mae. I have the final tidbit of shopping to do and we are heading out to do that shortly. Welcome back to Dot.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Yes, this cute dress came with a cute little white turtle neck shirt with red piping to wear underneath. Unfortunately, its been so hot, we had to improvise...

KaraP said...

Tag..you're it.
Head over to my blog and check out the movie list.

Christi and Abbey said...

Hi Carol,
I love Taylor's Christmas dress, so cute! Thanks for your always kind and encouraging comments on our blog, they mean a lot. It looks like you all are having plenty of Christmas fun.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: