Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's 1:00 a.m., Do You Know What Your Child is Doing???

I hope you do, b/c I didn't know what mine was doing. We had gone to bed around 10:30 or 11:00. Sometime during the night T got up to go to the bathroom as she often does. I apparently fell back asleep, only to wake up who knows how long later to discover she hadn't returned. Calling out got no response. I go searching...

I find T in the bathroom, standing on the toilet seat, with toothpaste spread all over her legs and body, all over the sink and cabinet, all over the tiles, and all on the carpet. I had just put out a new big tube.

So, at approximately 1:00 a.m. in the morning, T was taking a bath...2 bathes to be exact. Because, when you have that much toothpaste on you, it turns the tubwater a nice milky white, that she was pouring all over her hair. Therefore, we had to drain the tub and bathe again with clean water.

So, T woke up with crazy hair from her wet head and I sent her to school with it. I figure if she's going to drive her mother crazy, she might as well look crazy while she's doing it.

We were, of course, once again late for school today. Upside, though, is that we smelt minty-fresh all night long!

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

KaraP said...

I am incredibly fortunate that in Mae-Lei's short time with us...She refuses to get out of bed until her daddy or I get her. Only twice in 3 yrs has she gotten out of bed to get us. And that is just recently.

chart said...

What can this kid get into next? I shudder to think she can reach the wesson oil.

park it said...

Again, I got no words for you - ok really - you know me better than that - hince the tag 2 bits on my blog (my gfather called me that)...anyway, crib - with tent - locked - big BIG baby gate - nothing in room - hummm - let me think of some more - I am so sorry that she is testing you - maybe it will be this kinda stuff and teeenage yrs will be smooth sailing - bahhhhhhh - yea right - again - I do feel your pain! Hope this phase -phases OUT!!!

Laura said...

She's just too brilliant!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: