Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

B.A.D.

Well, at about 3:30 est, Aunt Dot should have boarded a jet headed to Manila from Detroit. Safe travels to her.

Meanwhile, T was so bad this morning I can't even tell you. She REFUSED to get dressed. I had to literally fight her into her clothes this morning. Then, she refused to put on her shoes...another fight. Then, she she refused to get into the car...that is, until AFTER it started raining. Off we go with me lecturing her the whole way on how naughty she was. We arrive at school, and she refuses to walk inside. I have to pick her up and carry her in. I truly thought my back would give out again, but luckily it didn't. I kissed her goodbye, told her I loved her, and said, "Thank you, Taylor, for making mommy's morning very stressful and unhappy." She immediately made the booboo face and started gearing up to cry. I left.

...I then proceeded to feel guilty all damn day long.

Of course, this is the one morning that I had to be at work early b/c I had a sentencing hearing on the defendant who was convicted last month. The guy who stole the 2 houses from dead people and an old lady in a nursing home. He got 20 yrs with a 10 yr minimum mandatory prison sentence followed by 10 yrs probation and over 250,000 in restitution. Good sentence. We'll see what tomorrow brings, when I have to be at work even earlier.



Here in these pictures, no, T is not playing with ribbons like you see many chinese girls doing. Instead, she 's playing with an unrolled string of bags that I used to have in the diaper bag. She got ahold of this last night and promptly unrolled it. Its about 15 or 20 feet long. My little acrobat had moved her clothes hamper to the shelf, climbed up on it, and got the roll out of the rack behind the door in her bedroom...the roll had been up about 5.5 - 6 feet high on the door.
The princess dresses remain suspended on high.

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

Next time just take her to school as is - pjs and all - that should only take one time (and no other clothes)
Like the time K would not get undressed to take a bath - in she went clothes and all - she has still not forgotten it...and it has been months - I picked her up and said - well the clothes have to be washed anyway...Good Luck!

ps oh and my favorite - NO TV until dressed fully - you have never seen a child get dressed so quick to get to Spro*ut TV..

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: