Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Miscellaneous Weekend Odd and Ends

  • We're having a cold snap here in Fla. Temps are down in the low 60's and maybe even high 50's as a low. Love it! I feel bad, though, about bitching about my lost power last week, as i woke up this morning to learn from the news that over 1 million in the NE are w/o power...in basically sub-zero weather. Yikes. As someone who has always lived in this swamp of a state, its a mystery to me how people function in that type of environment with no heat.

  • My back was aggravated last night at the party with chasing T all around the bar and having to pick her up a time or two. Its not out, just aggravated. That means that it feels as if it will go out any minute if I do something wrong..like pick up a pillow the wrong way, brush my teeth the wrong way, you get the idea...just doing life's everyday tasks. Plus, it hurts. Crap. So, we may not be doing anything today, not even gymnastics. We'll see. That may change, though if I can get Leonor to come over and take care of us today and tomorrow. She could help me grocery shop and chase after T if we go out.

  • I'm bummed about my back b/c I was contemplating taking T to see Santa at Nordstroms. He's only there for an hour or so, before their Santa Breakfast that I knew nothing about and that has been booked up since b/f Thanksgiving. My sales lady clued me in on that. Apparently they also have breakfast with the bunny at easter. How all this has escaped my notice, since we practically live in that dumb store, is beyond me. I guess we'll wait until Dot gets back to go see the fat old Red man and track him down elsewhere.

  • I was also thinking about taking T to the Families with Children from China - So Fla. Xmas lunch on sunday. I haven't RSVP'd b/c if figured my back wouldn't be in the best shape after the office party. Looks like I was right.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

The Aventura Santa is the best Santa. He really looks like Santa and his beard is his own. We'll go there. Can't wait to get back. Manila is all decked out for Xmas. At least I'm feeling it a little bit. Can't wait to get home next weekend.

Laura said...

We have the FCC "Panda party" tomorrow which kind of sucked last year so I'm hoping it's better this year. Also, there will be no Santa pictures yet this year since Sara has decided she's still afraid of him. Maybe next year.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: