Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Fitting End to the Year


I was just thinking of this holiday that has just passed. We bent over backwards trying to make it fun and festive for Taylor. I shopped for hours if not days either in the stores or online to come up with the perfect gifts for my sweet little girl. We stayed up late into the wee hours of the morning slaving away and wrapping and assembling. I woke up at 4:15 a.m. for her to open presents. I give her everything!

What has my little girl most recently given me???

A COLD.

Yes, Typhoid Taylor has struck again. I'm the current new owner of a runny nose, a sore throat, and a general feeling of shittiness, compliments of my mischievious little daughter. I'm just hoping my idiotic asthma doesn't flare up as it's brought on by colds. I'm suffering through work for the next few days, until the holiday. I'm also hoping I don't reinfect T.

So, there you have it. A mother's lot in life. We give them the world, they give us a cold...and yet I couldn't be happier. Go figure.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

You're just reaping the benefits for the privilege of being a proud parent. Hope you feel better real soon.

KaraP said...

Hope you feel better soon. ML and I seem to pass it back and forth a fair amount.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: