Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Fun

...I've successfully conned Leonor into acting as a nanny today. So, what's on today's schedule? Here we go, mainly for Dot's benefit, as she's still stuck in Manila.

  • Marie called last night with extra tickets to the St. Rose Santa Breakfast. We'll strategically show up after church, pretending all the while that we attended the services. I'm an old hand at that, and got much practice doing just that when I went to school there, myself! T is excited to see Santa. We'll see what happens in reality, as she's never gotten closer than 5 feet to any santa.
  • After breakfast, we're headed up to the FCC So Fla lunch. Its debatable whether or not we'll get there, as mapquest says its 60 miles away, practically in Palm Beach County. Many roads are closed for some motorcycle event so it will be interesting what the traffic is like. Even if we make it there, our appearance may be limited based upon 2 things: the seating given my trick back and the bigger issue....its such a long drive, that T will probably fall asleep in the car. She does NOT do well being awoken from her sleep. Odds are she'll be cranky and probably throw a tantrum. I suspect we'll drive there, drop off our gift, and turn around and drive home. I nice 2 or 3 hour Sunday drive.
  • Stop off at Dot's apt to check the mail and pay her bills
  • Stop off at Costco and pick up our xmas cards. This would be the 2nd set we're picking up. I screwed up the first one, and the coloring is all off. T actually looks orange in the picture. Yikes.
  • Grocery shopping. I have to take advantage since I have leonor's help today. Its funny, but the one act that is guaranteed to throw my back out...or come really close to doing so...is pushing a cart in a store. That's my current problem, I was pushing one in Target and costco on my day off and am currently paying the price. It's funny, but that action apparently puts pressure on my back at just the right angle, that I'm screwed. Since I haven't been grocery shopping since dot left, I'm running low. The Farm Store (a drive through market in So. Fla) just can't provide for all our needs, although I admit it comes close!

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: