Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

MaoNan Reunion

These next two pictures are really special. This little girl with T is Mia. She is from the same orphanage that T comes from, and they were there at the same time. I suspect that Mia is probably 7 - 9 months younger than T. She was an infant in the orphange and was there the day that Dot and our group visited. Its amazing to me to realize that my sister, Laura, and others in our group touched and kissed this little girl, who was on the other side of the world busy surviving. Then as fate would have it, Mia was blessed with two wonderful parents who live in South Florida, and these girls now live hours apart. I tear up everytime I think of it.

No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, Miss Mia is very tall for her age and Miss T is a shrimp.
Lastly, thank you Shannon for taking a picture of me and T together. We have so few of them, that I always treasure each and every one. T is laughing so hard here, because I'm secretly tickling her sides. She LOVES to be tickled.

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Sandee said...

Hi...Kathleen forwarded an email to me, that you wrote about a little 7 yr old whose mom has cancer. Heartbreaking, I am praying for her and the answer God has for her.

Laura said...

Oh my gosh...I love seeing Maonan girls! And to think that beauty was at the orphanage when I was there. Awesome.
By the way, the pic of you and T is priceless :)

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: