Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I've Made a List and Checked it Twice

My medicinal day off was such a success, I've taken tomorrow off, too!! Meanwhile, everytime I think I've finished my xmas shopping for T, I find some awesome deal on some silly game, and can't resist...if there's free shipping! So, it appears that this year is the year of the game. So, if anyone is struggling to find xmas gifts, I'll share what I've found mostly online. All the games get high marks in the comments section. Plus, I know Dot who is still stuck in Manila will be very interested in finally seeing this list.

Santa's list includes:

1. Gator Golf - can't remember how much...i probably got ripped off at target
2. What's in Ned's Head (12.00 - amazon - that's 60% off!)
3. Don't Spill the Beans (8.99 toysrus vs 34.99 amazon)
4. Cat in the Hat - I Can Do That (5.99 amazon vs. 19.99 target)
5. Alfredo's Food Fight (18.98 amazon)
6. Hyper Dash (this is apparently award winning and 17.86 - amazon)
7. Cooking Cookies Game (9.95 w/ free shipping)
8. Don't Break the Ice (8.99 toysrus)

8.5. Some Crayola glow in the dark drawing kit - can't recall where I picked that up

9. New Ariel costume (approx 12.99 disney.com outlet)
10. Jasmine costume (already opened - approx 12.99 disney outlet)
11. shrek PJs - 2.99 ebay
12. Belle + another princess nightgowns - 3.99 ea. disney.com outlet

13. Princess piggy bank (from aunt dot)
14. Castle (discovered prematurely in the closet when we lost electricity last weekend - 24.99 reduced from 40 something)
15. Princess Electric Piano - 12.99 disney.com outlet

16. The Fairy Bicycle
17. Spike the Dinosaur

Get this...I had purchased the Cat in the Hat game at Target for 19.99 about 2 weeks ago, then saw it for 5.99 and free shipping on amazon last night. Guess what got returned to target today? I may have spent more in time and gas than I saved, but that's OK, it was the principle of the thing! Depending upon T's behavior, though, one or two may stay in the closet until her birthday...that is, if she doesn't find them first! We'll see. Meanwhile, I'm more than done!

Tomorrow, Friday, is my office holiday party. Its at the Playwright Pub (an Irish Bar) on SouthBeach. T is very excited to be going to a "mama party", and has her dress all picked out.

[BTW...connie and dot....if you want to pick out one or two items from the list to be from you, feel free to lay dibs!]

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Manette said...

Glad you enjoyed your break!!! It was well deserved!

Itty Bitty Ladybug said...

Be sure to check out Costco too. Here in Tampa some of the toys are already on sale. I got the red Tri-Bot for 55.97 and I think it is close to $100 at Target.

Laura said...

You always remind me about Disney clearance! I snatched up the princess jammies - thanks! Also, if you're ever looking for cultural books/games/CD's, I recommend Barefoot Books (barefootbooks.com, I believe, otherwise google them.) They have some good sales on their items, otherwise find what you want and comparison shop on amazon.com. I found a really cool book about Chinese festivals for Sara.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: