Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

On the mend...in more ways than one

...the doc was not concerned on friday about T's fever. Today, T seems to be better. I'm spending the day with Leonor, cleaning out all my closets. Because I yoyo so much in weight throughout my life, I have wardrobes in all sizes...6 - 16. Unfortunately for me, I'm at the top end of the scale and starting to work my way into the "W" sizes. Anyway, since I'm always planning on losing weight I keep the smaller clothes around. Well, not any more. If I ever do lose weight again and get that small, I don't need to be wearing out of date clothes with hems that really are too short, now that I'm "a certain age"...fat or skinny. So, out the door they go.

In other news, I spent friday afternoon dealing with a fender bender my mother got into. My mom is fine, but she's 85 and having memory issues, and doesn't need to be driving. I think she had an episode of some sort, as she was very out of it at the scene and not herself. Fire Rescue wanted to transport her, but she refused. I'll be taking her to the doc for some tests very soon. On Friday, she hit an undercover policewoman...who was 6 month pregnant. When I was told that on the scene, I lost it.

I shudder to think what would have happened under slightly different circumstances...one of them going faster...one of them losing control and vering into oncoming traffic...you get the picture...one of them losing control and vering onto the sidewalk and pedestrians, etc. All the time in my mind as I was on the accident scene was the moving story of another blogger that I just read a week or so ago: a firsthand account of this blogger's accident wherein she was seriously injured and in recovery for more than 1 year, due to a car accident... I think with an elder driver. It hit home so much. Needless to say, my mom no longer has the keys to the car. The car will be given to my sister after its fixed. So, I'm now in search of services to drive my mom around. If anyone knows of any in the So Florida area, please drop me a line. Also, if you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

I can't tell you what a relief it is to my sister and I, to have this situation resolved. Whoever was upstairs looking out for my mother, was certainly doing their job and justified their place in heaven. I wonder who it was?

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Robyn said...

It's amazing how when you open your heart and lives to "anonymous" people on the web the impact you may have on others!

I am so sorry you are having to go through this! I never felt ill will toward the driver, after all he didn't even realize the seriousness at the scene. I will admit though that after finding out he had several children I did wonder why they hadn't intervened before this had to happen. I guess hindsight is 20/20.

I know I may be facing this daunting task with my own parents one day and hope I have the strength and courage you have shown. Life really does come full circle when we must "parent the parents"!

Thank the Lord your mom and the others were okay. Hopefully your mom will understand that you are taking this stand to keep her safe.

Thanks for letting me know how my own story had a positive impact!!

Happy Sunday!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: