Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, January 9, 2009

National Champions

Wow, if anyone was watching the game last night, you saw some great football. Shoot, I realize that and I don't even consider myself much of a fan! I think this is the 3rd national football title that my old alma mater has achieved in football. I can tell you from experience, that town went crazy last night. I was in old G'ville when we won the first title, and have never seen anything like it.

We had lots of fun last night. Uncle Jack and Aunt Jodie came over and we had a party. Lots of friend chicken, chips, wine and soda. T and I didn't go to bed until midnight. What's interesting is that the daycare was closed today, and I took T to my friend's house. Rosie was going to watch T for me and T could play with little Nick, who is 3. Around 6:00 a.m. this morning, I tell T that its time to get up, so she can go play with Nick. I figured I'd never get her up and dressed and was already planning the logistics of taking her to court this morning. Um, nope. Not necessary!

That kid popped out of her tent so quickly, I couldn't believe it. She comes over to my bed and says, "Hurry up mama and get dressed. We had to go!"

I nearly fell out of bed in shock!

5 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Manette said...

Well... Congratulations!!! We actually watched the game here in Northern Washington as Matt insisted on ensuring that Oklahoma didn't win. So, I'm thrilled to say he was a Gater supporter and is very happy he was able to help support your alma mater!!! lol... Congratulations, again!

KaraP said...

Congrats, we watched the game last night and both teams acquitted themselves well. I wasn't really rooting for anyone, but glad you are happy.

Itty Bitty Ladybug said...

It was a very sad day for Spencer today. He made an unfortunate bet with a teacher that Oklahoma would beat those Gators by a long shot. Well, we know what happened and Spencer had to wear a Gator jersey all day at school. Very unhappy :(

Brownie Troop 157 said...

uh-oh, the consequenses of poor judgment is always a bitter pill to swallow!

Alyson and Ford said...

We are "transplanted" Gator fans! Congrats (yes, we watched the game).
Hoping AA goes to school there! Our DD graduated from UNF. We won't mention our schools since they don't even play in a division above "small town college".

Alyzabeth's Mommy

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: