Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Can't think of a Cute Title

...I'm still sick, so I'll attempt to be brief. I still have a bad runny nose and cough. That wouldn't be so bad, but the problem is that I can't sleep at night due to all the congestion, so I'm exhausted. Can't even think of a witty title to this post, its so bad. To make it worse, I was talking constantly yesterday from 11 - 3:30 so I'm losing what voice I had.

Anyway, here's the skinny on what's going on in our lives at the moment:

  • The time-out timer is magically working. Not sure what it is about the timer that causes a child to obey the timer vs. obeying their mother when their loving ( but miffed ) mother orders them to stay in time-out, but its working.
  • Party on! Looks like the party will be at Archies Pizza. Turns out its not a make your own pizza party, but a "pizza show" put on by the chef with the assistence of the kids. The kids will get to make their own cookies. I'm now searching the net for cute invites and paper products. More on that later. I suspect that between now and then, you'll be sick of hearing about it, once you get a glimpse into how type-A personality I make my party prep!
  • Moved T's gymnastics to Thursday evening instead of Sat. morning. We'll see how that goes. If well, that opens up saturday morning for Chinese school, this august.
  • Dot and I are on Disney withdrawal. We really want to go, but doubt we'll get there anytime soon, what with how busy we both are with work.
  • Got permission from my division chief to invite the unit and support staff into my office to watch the swearing in ceremony on Inaugeration day. Again...Party On!
  • We're very exited to watch my Florida Gators attempt to gain the title of National Champions on thursday night. Hope I can stay up to watch the game.

That's it. Night, night, everybody!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Hi my sick one...........
Hurry and get well - it's party time. Put the timer on it. HOPE YOU'RE SOON ALL BETTER. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: