Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Mother's Nightmare


...literally. Has anybody else had these nightmares?

I dreamt last night that we were in Disney. I was paying the cashier with T at my side, when suddenly I turn around and she's gone. The rest of the dream/nightmare consisted of me running around the park searching for her...with various miscellaneous friends popping in and out of the dream.

I woke up exhausted! Good lord.

I blame this dream, that I've had before, on the following: an adoptive family that we traveled with is currently in disney, right before going to sleep I read that Chopsticks and Tabouli is going, and I was watching all the crowds yesterday related to the inauguration coverage. Yikes!

Does anybody else have this dream/nightmare? I hate it!

I suspect I'll be exhausted all day.

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

I would imagine that my own experience of "getting lost" and left behind at Disney has a deep seeded influence on your dream as well.

Laura said...

Dot, you got lost? Carol, stop ditching your sister! I've had the experience of waking up convinced Sara is lost, which leads to some of my ambivalence and not being as firm as I need to about keeping her in her bed. Kind of comforting to reach over and touch her and make sure she's there. Don't tell Steve.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

For once, I'm innocent. Poor Dot was ditched in disney when she was around 12 and I was about 8. We had rode up on the bus with my grandmother, Aunt, and 2 cousins. We got separated and my Aunt made me, my cousins and herself leave disney on the bus without my sissy and grandmother...who had a 5th grade education, was born in Ireland, and didn't know how to drive. She was also in her 70's. Nice, huh?

You should have seen the family fight that erupted when my dad realized upon picking us up at the greyhound station, that his mother and darling first born were no where to be found. Abandoned by his sister. Talk about WWIII!

Classic Jordan family story!

Manette said...

Sadly, yes... I've had similar nightmares, though it's never been at Disneyland (although the last time we were there a little girl got seperated from her parents and I was the one who ran for the security people while several others huddle around her to keep her safe... So, it does happen and it's not a foundless fear). But, what's worse about me and my nightmares is that the days follow those horrid dreams my poor kids can barely leave my side!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: