Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

School Daze


As I've alluded to in the past, T's school is under renovation, and they've relocated the 3 and 4 year olds to a nearby facility. T started on Monday, and it has gone very well. I was wondering how she would handle the change, and so far so good. Soon, I believe that she will be moving up to the pre-k 4 classroom. Then in August will be the big changes.

Hopefully, T will be starting school at Saint Peter and Paul school. I'm on a waiting list as we speak and will find out sometime in either Feb or March whether she gets in or not. If she doesn't get in, I'll need to decide what to do next. She can always stay where she is, as the Carroll Center is a certified pre-k 4 school. The problem is what to do for kindergarten.

There is a K-8 center in Miami that I really want her to attend. Unfortunately, acceptance is based upon the lottery system, and its unclear whether or not she'd get in. If she doesn't get it, my plan was to keep her at Sts P&P. If she doesn't get into Sts. P&P, nor Ada Merritt, I've no idea what we'll do. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Problem is, I can't seem to stop obsessing about it!

WARNING: POLITICAL SOAPBOX LOOMING AHEAD:


In other news, I was able to catch parts of Mrs. Clinton's confirmation hearing. The woman is brilliant. Its a good thing, too, as the whole world seems to be going to hell in a handbasket, with the good ol' USA leading the way...thanks in a large part to our idiot current president. Thank god we only have to endure one more week of him. Unfortunately, the affects of his debacle of a presidency will be felt for years to come, with my poor T and everyone else's children having to pay the price.

Good Lord, Did everybody else see that sorry excuse for a press conference the Idiot in Chief gave yesterday? Is it just me, or did he just say a big F#$@ YOU to the whole country. I wish he'd just go away and shut up. Tick tock, 7 days and counting!

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

Good Luck with all that - I know all about waiting - we have one more hurdle before we know if K got into the school I wanted - me like you will cross the bridge when I get to it - if other decisions need to be made...

Laura said...

So, I'm putting a toe in the water and hinting at possible (and I stress POSSIBLE) changes that may be made in the Manville household in the next year. It makes planning for Sara's education very difficult. If we stay where we are, she can go to the same elementary school for 4K and Kindergarten that my brother and I went to. (How scary is THAT!) I have to go to the info meeting next week so I can sign her up and get a spot. If we move to a nearby community (closer for both Steve and I for work), they also have 4K and I just have to make sure I get her in somewhere. If thngs completely change and we were to move out of state (like, say, to a state where we actually own a house and people don't freeze to death in the winter), then I'm back at square one as far as figuring out 4-year old pre kindergarten.) Have to just cross the bridge when we come to it!

Laura said...

By the way, very diplomatic of you to post the warning about political content. Also unnecessary since it is your very own blog but very kind of you.
And I agree with you 100%!!!!!
I hope Ms. Clinton is up to the task ahead. Courageous of her to take the appointment since any success she achieves will be accredited to someone else and any failure on the part of the U.S. will be laid at her feet. She's a patriot.

Vicki said...

Just checking in on your darling T. I'm sure you'll make the right school decisions. Wow. I'm a teacher from the way back ages and even NOW feel the intensity of making these decisions for my own child, Emily. Phew.
You're up for it. You'll be good.
Love the pictures and art work around your desk. Happt spot!
Vicki and Emily

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: