Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Healing Powers of Cheesedoodles

T woke up from her nap feeling really hot again. 102.7. She wandered out into the living room, all cranky and grumpy with red in her cheeks from the fever. I go running for the medicine, and she's crying and not wanting to cooperate. After much coaxing, I get the stuff in her and give her some water. I then ask if she wants anything else...
Me: You want something else, baby?

T: Yes, Mama (in a major whiney voice)

Me: OK, honey, what do you want, I'll get it for you

T: (again all whiney) I want something orange and curly. That would make me feel better.


Once again, a miracle took place. As soon as I said OK, but you can't eat them in bed, the kid pops up, grabs her blanket, and says,

"OK, Mama, let's go"

She then hops off the bed, takes my hand, and pulls me out into the living room, and informs me...

"They're in the kitchen, Mama. They're in the kitchen!"

Posted by Picasa

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

KaraP said...

Poor T. I hope she gets to feeling better soon. Fevers are horrible. Mae-Lei's fevers are always related to her ears. We know if it is low-grade we are good, if it spikes up to around 104-105. In to the Urgent care or peds office.

Alyson and Ford said...

We've been so fortunate. So far, we have not had to deal with a fever. I so dread that.

Happy to hear Taylor knew of something to help her feel better :)
Such a good momma.
peace
fm

Laura said...

We've dodged a fever for awhile now (Sara spiked one last week briefly) but her cough has hung on for days and the doctor says it's normal for this cold and we just have to ride it out. She coughed hard again last night to the point she spit up. Last night when she wasn't feeling great, she let me know that blowing bubbles in the house would help. Naturally, I agreed.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: