Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Taylor Time-Out Timer

Happy New Year, Everybody!

I've decided that 2009 is the year of the Time-Out Timer. So, our first act of the New Year was to go to target and obtain one. Many moms have advised me to get one, and set it when T is in time out. When it dings, time out is over. Apparently, little kids understand this concept quite well and actually stay in time-out with less or no fight. Lets hope it works!

Imagine my surprise when I found them in the kitchen gadget section, and found that they are named after my daughter! Apparently, the things are manufactured by a company named "Taylor".

Coincidence? I think not!

Just to be on the safe side, I bought 2.

In other news, we had a quiet NYEve last night. In fact, I ended up going to bed before the new year was rung in, and only noted the event by crankily rolling over in bed and adjusting the covers when I heard firecrackers outside.

It was Bliss!

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Manette said...

LMAO... Loved this post!!! Good luck with the timer. And don't be surprised if T's behavior gets worse before it gets better... That often happens until the child figures out that you'll follow through with the discipline. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts in the weeks to come!!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: