Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Boring Sunday

Today we went off to a park that Ruth has been recommending in Coconut Grove...the vita course. What a great park! In addition to the vita course and bike riding paths, the park has a great tot lot that T had a blast running around in. Though it doesn't appear so from the pictures, this park is much more crowded than some of the others we've been to recently. Everytime we passed someone, T would wave to them and yell hello. She's so damn cute on that outrageous bicycle, that she brought a smile to everyone we passed. She also made fast friends with some little kids at the tot lot, and had a blast running around like a maniac.

I took these first pictures with my new phone, and am very pleased with the outcome. Quite handy to have a phone that takes great pics.

We came home hoping to catch the concert in DC, but soon discovered that HBO had exclusive rights to cover the thing. We don't have HBO. Shoot. I had to make do with MSNBC coverage and was quite bummed. So, I busied myself with purging some of T's stuff that she's starting to outgrow. Socks, bathing suits, winter gear, and I'm about to start on her shirts. Too bad I didnt' do this last month, so I could take the deduction in '08.

Tomorrow, I believe the daycare is open, so its a mommy playday, since I'm off work.


Meanwhile, T is getting very excited with her "pirate party", as she calls it. The big news is that she's now saying that she wants to be a pirate, vs a princess. Now this is truly big news as all who read this know of her adoration for all things princess. Luckily, I've found some cute pirate dresses online, that are on sale now that halloween is over. Can't wait to see her in these cute costumes. Frankly, I think she more suited to being a pirate than a princess, given her personality, but that's just my opinion.

The only other thing to report is that we got our hair cut this weekend. We both went a little shorter this time. I like it. Of course, you could shave my daughter's head and I would still think she looks fab, but that's just me.


Anyway, that's it for now. Hope you all had a great weekend, and a great holiday tomorrow.

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

KaraP said...

Your pirate and my knight. My girl refuses to play the princess. She'll be a mermaid or a knight, but heaven forbid she is princess. Saint Happenin' As for birthday party, we are jumping for it. Jumpin' Beans is a place around here. The kids (ML, niece and nephew) all love it. Enjoy T's b-day party. I do wish we lived closer.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: