Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Weekend Update

Yesterday we attended the funeral of a family friend. He was in his early 70's, father of 2, grandfather of 4. Diagnosed with cancer less about 3 months ago, and died on New Years Day. Very sad. May he rest in peace. This is yet another example of that terrible disease. I urge everyone, no matter what their age, to get annual check ups at the doctor. Only if its caught early do we ever have a chance against it. Again, we showed up, paid our respects, and were out of there. T behaved very well.

In other news, the xmas tree comes down today. I hate taking it down. The only bright spot is that we don't have to wait until February for the next big "event". We're gearing up here for Inaugeration Day! Unfortunately, I won't be able to take off work. Upside is that I have a TV in my office. I suspect it will be on all day long. I think I'll be picking up some patriotic paper plates and some pastelitos. Its a party!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

I'm also thinking of throwing a CNY shindig (small) to coincide with Gotcha Day/Adoption day celebrations. Between that and Inauguration day, January is looking pretty festive!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: