Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Memory Lane

It's 2:00 a.m., and I can't sleep. So, I've been trolling our old babyjellybean blog. It's hard to remember, sometimes, just how little my T used to be. She always looked so much older than she was to me. I look back at these pictures, and realize just how much of a baby she was.

I particularly like this photo, taken when she was learning to walk. The tongue sticking out and the proud look on her face, as she is actually walking, albeit with a little help, is priceless.





One of the reasons that I started tonight's night-owl stroll down the lane, is that I was reading about another little girl getting a helmet like T used to wear when we first came home from China. Had to go back and look at T's old pics. They just make me smile!


For anyone new, T had 2 helmets b/c the first place I went to didn't fit her correctly. I think T got another little girl's flowered helmet by mistake..."Taylor Jordan Norman" was that child's name, fitted on the same day as my Taylor X. Jordan. What are the odds of that? Anyway, the flowered one never fit T right, so I went to the competition at Cranial Technologies, and got a totally different shaped helmet...proving my point! (neither of which were covered by insurance, grrr). The new place actually took a cast of T's skull, vs. the other place that did a laser imaging measurement.
Anyway, the things did the trick, and T's little head is much better. All her parts (ears, jaw, eyes) are better aligned, which will be less potential pain in her future from TMJ and the like.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

It is very cool that you places the pics of T with the helmet and you are offering support to other parents that need to get their child fitted for one.

I really wanted E to be able to use a helmet as his head was in terrible shape when he came home but our Ped said that it would do not good at his advanced age of adoption. She feels that there were only asthetic reasons in his case but now I wonder if there may be other fallout from the misallignment of his head. Thank goodness that T was so young and that you are such a proactive mom.
Hugs!

Chad and Kristy said...

Ok, those pictures are just adorable!! Too cute! Too cute!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: