Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, January 19, 2009

We Are One


My friend Laura M just let me in on the fact that you can go to http://www.hbo.com/ and watch the We Are One concert that took place in Washington DC yesterday on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. If anybody has a spare 2 hours on their hands, you really should watch this fabulous concert. Its a non-partisan celebration of American history and celebration of art in the form of song. Fabulous. Unfortunately for me, the streaming on the computer was very slow, so it was more like listening to the concert on the radio, while watching photographs on the computer. That's OK, though.

I woke up this morning to discover that the daycare was closed today. So, T and I hung out together all day. No mommy play day for me. We went to a few stores and then to my doctor's appointment. I'm happy to report that I'm healthy as a horse...an overweight and somewhat decrepit horse, but a horse none the less.

We also walked up and down our street looking for refuse to pick up on this National Day of Service. Our new President has requested that we treat this day as such, so I felt it was important to answer his call and do as he requested. God knows we're asking him to help solve all of this country's problems, the least T and I could do was contribute a bit to what he has asked of us in an attempt to achieve that more perfect Union.

Needless to say, we'll both be festooned tomorrow in red, white and blue.

Hope everybody has a really great day!

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Vicki said...

Well I know a happy camper in FL today...YOU!! LOL! (Innaguration.) Hope you enjoy all the festivities. We're on Lady and the Tramp for the 3rd time now in less than 48 hrs. Why not?
I so appreciate your well wishes. Thanks for checking in.
Wrap Taylor up in her red, white, and blue and have a super day.
Hugs, Vicki and Emily (She's doing great.)

Laura said...

Godspeed, President Obama!!!!

KaraP said...

I am sorry I missed the concert, but do not have HBO. We hope you had a super day today, we enjoyed watching all of the festivities and seeing the history that was made today. I pray for our President and Vice-President. I support President Obama and Vice President Biden, may they lead us well.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: