Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Memory Lane

January is very much a month of memories for our family. Now 3 years ago, Dot and I were touring around Beijing, not quite believing that we were actually there. Marveling at how similar the city was to other capital cities we visited. How much things were literally "the same", albeit in a different language with writing we had no chance of diciphering. Living in a surreal world where intellectually I knew I'd meet my daughter in a few days, but not quite believing it. The memories just keep coming.

This first picture, T presented me almost a year ago, announcing that it was a picture of me that she drew. Huh? Finally after turning it this way and that, upside down and right side up, my eye finally realized that there actually was a face in there...especially the long nose. Hehe!


This 2nd picture is the wall in front of my desk at work. It all started with the 8 x 10 blow up of T's referral photograph. I stared at that picture for 2 months straight, hardly getting any work done. The display has just grown over the years. I can't seem to stop myself from adding more.

Gorgeous, huh?

Posted by Picasa

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Looks kinda like my refrigerator......x0x

Laura said...

I spend most of two weeks in January on an emotional precipice anyway because the memories just flow. Your post helped me get teary - the first of many times this week, I'm sure. My cube at work and my refridgerator look very much the same way. I love that you posted one of my all time favorites, T and the peanut hand in hand. I'll be thinking of you guys this week!!!

park it said...

Glad to know I am not the only one with the mega child pics overload at work!!!

KaraP said...

Thanks Carol. Emotions are on overload here as well. I showed Mae-Lei her video for the umpteenth time tonight and she was asking all sorts of questions. We have a special dinner planned for thursday night. I hope you are all well.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: