Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday Fun

Well, we got home yesterday to find the following: the water heater circuit tripped (for the 2nd time in 2 weeks), my bathroom light switch broken...it won't turn off, and my computer was screwed up. Somehow, the modem driver was magically erased. Don't know how, as it happened between the time I left for work and the time I returned home. After over an hour on the phone with Bellsouth, we finally got the internet running again. However, only after restoring my computer and using usb instead of ethernet to connect the modem to the computer. The Ethernet has totally disappeared. Don't know if all of this is related to the nifty new meter box FPL installed or the monsoon that blew through Miami on Friday. It was a hell of a storm. Who knows. Its always something.

Last night , T slept in her bed AGAIN. Yippee!!!!! We were up bright and early at the crack of dawn, as it now appears to be my job to drive my 83 yr old mom to the beauty shop on Saturdays. We've banned my mom from driving, which she habitually ignores. What's worse, my dad is no help enforcing the edict, so who knows what will happen there. While she was in the shop, T and I went off to Target. I let T con me into buying moonsand. Needless to say, that's a wholely outdoor project. I've seen kids playing with the stuff before, and won't be duped into letting her play with it in the house.

We later met Aunt Dot for lunch and roamed the mall with her. She's at home working all weekend and needed her T fix. After a mere few hours, my back felt like it was going to break and if I had an ax handy, I'd have chopped off my bum foot below the knee to put me out of my misery. Hopefully, we'll have an early night, and I'll try my hand at changing the electrical switch tomorrow. We'll be off to Home Depot bright and early. Say a prayer that I don't electricute myself and end up with a weird perm. That would be just my luck!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

a few words...
rubber gloves
and ground yourself...
Good Luck!
C & k - who has strep :-)

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: