Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

FATHER'S DAY

We had lots of fun today. We went over to our parents house and took them out to lunch at a new Bar-B-Q restaurant in the area. This is a pic of my mom and dad, Aunt Dot, and T. Food was good, but service was poor. That's OK, though. It gave us more time to sit and talk. God knows, nobody in this family can shut up so that was a good thing! T was very well behaved.

After lunch, Dot took T home to nap, and I stayed at my parents. I had taken my maid Leonor over to clean the house for them, so I had to stay until she finished. The bonus with that...I was able to sneak out to Target by myself, for a little shopping on my own, which is a truly rare event in my life. Of course, I missed T, so ended up getting her a ribbon wand, like I see the Chinese acrobatic girls doing. I've yet to give it to her, though, as I really don't want her wacking everything in sight inside the house. We'll save it for the park.

Afterwards, we came back home and T had fun playing in her pool again. I keep pushing the water play, as T starts swim class in a mere 2 weeks. So, the more she's in the water having fun, I figure the easier swim class will be. As it stands, whenever I mention the classes, her the response is...."I don't want to go to swim class!".

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

What cute pool pics! Looks like she is having a blast - (ps yea watch out for the ribbon thing - I got K one - and about lost an eye)

Laura said...

I know what you mean - we cooked out over @ my parents yesterday and my main thought (besides family togetherness on Father's Day!) was that I'd have multiple buffers so I could sit and drink wine in peace! Been a long time since I went to Target alone....sounds like heaven!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: