Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Buyer Beware

I've been searching for a bedside table for T's bedroom for quite a while. Finally, I discovered this little gem on the disney.com outlet. $199.00 reduced to 42.99, less 30%. A steal as far as I'm concerned.

Looks cute, doesn't it? Its 15in x 15in. Unfortunately, I didn't pay too much attention to the height. Its HUGE!!!! In fact, T is just barely
taller than the thing. In this picture, she's stooping just a little, so you can't really tell, but yes, she IS slightly taller!


It's of really nice quality, and quite heavy. I had wanted heavy b/c I don't want it tipping over all the time, anytime anybody (Taylor) brushes up against it or bams into it, as the case may be. Also, I know my daughter. As soon as I tried to take her picture with it, she started climbing it like a ladder. Luckily, the thing is almost twice her weight and didn't budge an inch. Oh well, since I ordered it online, I'll be keeping the thing.

We'll just have to figure out a way to make it work!

Meanwhile, I want to welcome my sweet Aunt Connie to the Land of Blog. She's over 83 by a year or two, yet surfs the net with the skill of a teenager! I see that she's finally figured out how to comment, and we look forward to hearing from her in the future. Meanwhile Aunt Connie, can you go back to the previous post re Kung Fu Panda and settle our debate? Was Aunt Poe named after a polar bear (like I think) or a gorilla (like dot thinks) or are we both wrong?? You may need to click on "Older Posts" at the bottom until you find it!
Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dorothy said...

Maybe Frank the handy man can saw off the legs at the bottom. Very cute, love the mouse ears handle.

chart said...

HiYa C T & D.....Well, it looks like
Dotty won this one. About 75-77 years ago your Uncle Marion gave your Aunt Rovina the nickname "Poe". It was an ape's name but to this day I do not know the difference between an ape and a gorilla. To the family she became "Poe" and "Aunt Poe" but to outsiders she was "Rovina" Miss you Poe. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: