Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Blinging the Blog and Electrical Snafus

Yep, my blog fairy has struck again. This time, with a snazzy new signature line at the end of each post. T loves it b/c all she sees and cares about is her precious Ariel.

Meanwhile, we're experiencing slight electrical problems in Casa Gringa. Last month, my electric bill was only $74.00. That was weird, but I figured I must have paid the previous months bill late, then paid again, and this was the balance that was due. Well, this month, my electric bill was a whopping $11.11. While I loved the number, I knew something was drastically wrong and ended up reporting it to FPL. Good lord, while I knew that once I installed Al Gore's super-duper energy-saving light bulbs, there would be a savings, an $11.11 electric bill is ridiculous!!! Especially since my bill is usually over $300.00 in the hot summertime. Yikes!

Well, they swiftly installed a new meterbox that's busy counting the kilowatts as we speak (or blog). FPL is also busy calculating up my new bazillion dollar electric bill to make up for all their lost income due to the bum box. They say I'll be getting that in the near future. Oh joy :(

Now tonight, I give T a bath and the water is only lukewarm. Apparently, the circuit that the water heater is on was tripped. Not sure if it's related to the installation of the new meter box, or if the old circuit just burned out. Whatever. I guess it wouldn't be summer without there being electric problems. You may recall last summer it was my a/c.

Say a prayer that I don't have to take a cold shower in the morning!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

Oh eesh! I hate that. I remember the water heater issues well with all the "stuff" in the water. We burnt out 2 heating elements. Steve was able to replace them but it always took awhile and I would suffer through the chilly showers until it was fixed. Good luck!
Bummer that the electric bills weren't "real". What a treat!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: