Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, June 6, 2008

A Bad Night

No, no, I'm not giving everybody the finger! This finger was hurting all yesterday. You know when you have a piece of skin or cuticle on your finger and you're too lazy to get up for the clippers to clip it? Instead, you just pull it? Sometimes, it just comes off easily. Other times, you take a chunk of flesh with it. Well, that was me. I pulled it and apparently took too much off the cuticle on the right side of the thumb. All day it kept hurting, but I ignored it as I usually do.

Well, by midnight, it hurt so bad that I couldn't sleep. Literally. It was throbbing and hot. Suspiciously, it wasn't really red and you really can't see the stupid cut. All I could think about was my friend's stepbrother. He went walking on the beach on a thursday, and stepped on something producing a small little cut on the bottom of his foot. It didn't really hurt him too much. However, by Saturday, he felt like he was coming down with a cold, that kept getting worse. Fever, chills, etc. This 40-something father of 2 spoke to his dad on Sunday, and said that since monday was a holiday, he'd go in to the doctor on tuesday if he didn't feel any better. He never made it. Dropped dead on Monday night. Turns out that small little cut that he never connected to his "cold", was infected. Septiseimia (don't know if that's spelled right). Basically an infection that spreads to the blood, and all throughout your body.

So, as I lay awake all last night with my hot, throbbing thumb, guess what I was thinking about? Plus the fact that my doctor has been hounding me for 3 or 4 years to get a tetnus shot, which I never did. So, this morning I took myself off to the urgent care center of Baptist Hospital. I felt ridiculous, but did manage to scarf a shot out of the whole deal.

The best part of it all? I DROVE!!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: