Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, June 6, 2008

Kung Fu Panda

So, after my Dr. appt today, I whizzed through the Mickey D drive thru for a medicinal diet coke, and noticed the new toys they're hocking with their happy meals. I asked if I could purchase just the toy, and the clerk replied, "Yep, we've got the panda". Score!!!!!!!! T just about exploded with excitement when I presented it to her tonight. All I hear about is "Kung Fu Panda", the name of the new movie from which the character originates. Apparently in the movie, the Panda's name is Po (rhymes with Toe).

I've mentioned before that the reason I chose Taylor as a name, was in honor of my mother and that whole side of the family...and god knows I couldn't name her Geraldine, my mom's name. My mom has 2 sisters...the three of them were affectionately referred to as "those Taylor women" by my dad. A bunch of smart, funny, loving women who could get a whole room laughing within 5 minutes. Add in their bald-headed baby brother, and it was a riot growing up. One of the driving forces was my sweet Aunt Rovina, the oldest. However, Rovina never went by that name with us. Instead, she went by a nickname given to her as a child. She was Aunt Poe. Apparently, named after a polar bear in a movie. (Dot argues that it was really a gorilla, I say Polar bear. My cousin Jerry or Aunt Connie will have to settle that debate.) Anyway, I have no idea what movie it was, but it must have aired in the early 1930's, by my estimation.

Aunt Poe passed away a number of years ago. That my Taylor is now running around the house some 70 years later, once again playing with a bear named Po, makes me smile. I suspect Aunt Poe's up there looking down, laughing and smiling, too.

Posted by Picasa

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: