Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

What Now??


So, I've had no time to sort out what's salvagable in my freezer and what is not. I've been busy with other things. I got the schoolbus back from the shop, and it was running great. Problem is, I'm not sure if it will stop.

I was driving along, minding my own business and not really accelerating, but more riding the brake. A car goes to stop in front of me, and I push harder on the brake...and it basically goes to the floor yet the damn schoolbus was not stopping. Yes, similar to some 1950's Hitchcock triller or bad "B" movie, my brakes FAILED. I started pumping them, and luckily they came back. However, it scared the tar out of me. Luckily, I was far enough away from that car in front that no accident occurred.

For the rest of the journey, there was also no incident, but I think the brakes seemed "soft". Don't know if I'm being paranoid or what. Needless to say, the thing was towed back to the dealership this morning, and I'm driving around in my mom's car...still. The dealership had convinced me that the brakes needed service, when the schoolbus was in earlier in the week for the engine work, and they screwed something up. No word yet on what the problem is. However I was like a crazy woman on the phone with them this morning, voicing my complaints. I'm insisting that only the shop manager work on my car, as clearly the kids are screwing things up.

I'm trying not to dwell on it. What if it had happened at an intersection with T in the car and I blew through a red light...possibly causing some unsuspecting soul to Tbone my car...perhaps on T's side.?????? I can't even contemplate such a disaster.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get the thing back either Friday or Saturday. We'll see.

Meanwhile, poor T was just playing on the jungle gym. She had left one of her tiny gardening gloves on my chair, and went to put it on. Unbeknownst to both of us, there was a lizard inside. Scared the bejesus out of her, poor thing.
So, after my nice relaxing day in the Keys...we're jinxed with the freezer fiasco, the brake incident, and the lizard scare. I knew I should have never blogged and bragged about my relaxing day.
The fates just couldn't resist. I really hope that's my "3" things.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

Maybe it is a "higher power" keeping the care away from your parents...hummmmm.....

chart said...

Always something going on at the 1st Street Casa. Here's the best = HAPPYYY, HAPPPYYY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR. BIG #4. Love U = ConCon

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: