Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I've Converted and Scored!

No, No. This post has nothing to do with religion or sex....

Nope, this post is all about shoes!

When I was in my 20's and 30's, I always turned my nose up at the sensible shoe store or, as I would call it, the Lesbian Shoe store. You know the one, the one with all the million-dollar hiking shoes and sandals in them. Rugged, athletic types, often quite ugly. Or, if the shoes were a bit less stylish, I'd call it the "old lady" shoe store. Well, let me tell you, we can all learn alot from the Lesbians and older ladies of the world!

Now that I have "foot issues" since my swan dive off the judge's bench last April, I am a convert! Further, now that I'm getting to be "a certain age"...perhaps a little wiser...I'm learning to value comfort over style. My shoes now must have both!

The other week I spied the Mephisto store at the mall, and dragged Dot and T inside. In the past, I would never have noticed it, let alone ventured inside. This night, I tried on every pair in the store to guage my size, and bought none since they were retailing at close to $200.00. Yikes!

I promptly went home, searched the web, and found these black patent-leather numbers by Naot. Rhinestones and everything.


FAB-U-LOUS!

I got them for 120.00. A big $80.00 savings. They're like walking on butter!
Anyway, after ordering up the black ones, I was busy trolling addictive-ebay and came across these gold mephistos...rhinestone, leopard print and everthing!

SCORE!

I put in my bid and after six nail-biting days, WON with a flabbergastingly low bid of 35.00! Wooohoo!

For anyone interested in a comparison, the gold ones have a much harder leather, that will be slicing up my poor feet the first few times I'll be wearing them. So, I'll be busy in the next few days filing down the rough edges on the leather with a nail file. For $35.00 I'm happy to do it!


The black Noat ones need no extra breaking in. The leather is as supple as a babies bottom!

So, there you have it. I am truly converted and firmly in the camp of the Sensible Shoe...it's such a comfy place to be!


1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

This blog never ceases to amaze me. You never know what you will find - gardening - shoe finds - party tips - you name it. AND I love it. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: