Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, March 27, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!!!!!

We started the day putting on our special birthday shirt. T was particularly impressed because on Sesame Street, the number of the day was the number "4". Coincidence? I think not!
I dropped T off at daycare, and then drove to my mom's to take her for an MRI. Although that took way too long, it all went well. I was worried that she wouldn't be able to stay in the machine for the whole time. But, they let me stay in the room with her during the test, and hold her hand.

Dot was able to pick up the cake, cheese doodles, and juice boxes (the perfect toddler party meal) and I was able to meet her at the daycare for the Tinkerbell Party.

T was so excited she could barely sit still.
Here's T with her two teachers, Miss Susan and Miss Cynthia. Miss Cynthia is deaf, and communicates by reading lips. She's teaching all the kids sign language. I LOVE it. T can do all her letters in sign language, and even corrects me when I get it all wrong.
All the little boys and girls seemed to really enjoy the party. After, we drove out to pick up the schoolbus from the dealership. They could find nothing wrong with the brakes. Figures. Anyway, they went over them with a fine tooth comb and pronounced them fine, so we have to live with that. I'm just happy to have it back in time to pick up the 30 balloons that are being blown up for the party tomorrow. Shoving those things in my mom's teeny tiny car would have been impossible.

So ends our day. I'm going to attempt to get a good night's sleep in anticipation for the big day tomorrow.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl. Mommy hopes all your hopes and dreams come true!

Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

Happy Birthday Taylor!!!
May all your birthday dreams come true - (and mom's too)!

Have a wonderful party - BIG 4 YR OLD!!!

Hugs fm us!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: