Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, March 6, 2009

What Goes Around, Comes Around

Yes, I believe in living my life by the Golden Rule, b/c I truly believe that "What Goes Around, Comes Around". I'm starting to learn that in spades!

All my life, I've grown up with stories from my Mom and Aunt Connie about how I insisted on tying my own shoes, even when I didn't know how. They'd be itching to get to the stores, and instead be stuck waiting for me to tye my shoes. Through the years, I would smile, laugh along with them, but not really appreciate what they were talking about.
Um, no more. I now perfectly understand what they were saying. T is now doing the same thing to me. I curse the day I bought her tie-up keds. T usually wears her velco keds everyday. However, once in a while she insists on her stupid tie-up ones, that I bought like 8 - 10 months ago, and were always too big. Now, they fit.

This morning was one of those mornings. She has insisted on the durn shoes, and insisted on tying them herself. Usually, I wouldn't mind so much except....I'm trying to get out of the house to go to work and school!!
Meanwhile, a good 20 minutes later, T has tied her shoes and is finally ready to go.

Mission accomplished.

Mom, however, is pulling her hair out of her head in frustration.

As I said, What goes around, comes around!

Posted by Picasa

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

You are sooooo very right.
Your Mom: Let me do that. Carol: No, I can do dat. Mom: Hurry up, we have to get to Murphy's. So, it's coming around. xox

Laura said...

Hilarious! Are we raising the same child? Sara's also in the "tie my shoes" phase, partly because Noggin has a song about it.

park it said...

Oh my gosh - they are ganging up - this AM - the jacket - Which she normally does in about a min - for what ever reason it was like a cat chassing her tail - one arn in - spin - and again and again-you get the pic...try to teach her the over her head trick - NOPE we will have none of that mom - what are you thinking - I CAN DO IT MYSELF!

Bev said...

I am so with you on this!! Angel does the same thing. I am glad she knows how to tie, but all I do is wait on people :)

Take care, I love your blog.

Bev
www.angelcomehome.blogspot.com

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: