Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Sleep more....Weigh Less

EUREKA!!!!!!! Did everyone see this recent article?

Finally....I've discovered a diet I think I can stick to...

Hmmmm, I ate a bit too much today, so I'll be going to be a little earlier, to balance it all out!

When a doctor recently swore to a "Glamour" editor that he could help
women lose weight just by making over their sleep habits, we were
dubious. Research has linked lack of sleep to weight gain, but
certainly weight loss requires hard work, diet and exercise -- right?
We decided to put it to the test. Sleep and medical experts Michael
Breus, Ph.D., and Steven Lamm, M.D., created a plan for seven "Glamour"
readers of varying weights. The women's one simple goal: Get at least
seven and a half hours of sleep a night. That's it. In fact, we asked
the women not to make any significant diet or exercise changes -- we
wanted to see if sleep and sleep alone would make a difference. Did it
ever! Week by week, we were amazed by the results the women reported.


Anyone want to join me on this new and innovative diet?

5 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

well duh - can't eat while sleeping :-)

Brownie Troop 157 said...

nope, that's not the whole story! Apparently the blind study found that given the same number of meals between the sleepers vs. the non-sleepers, the sleepers ate less calories. I guess with less sleeep we unwittingly have less control, and pig out more.

We slept 9 hours last night. Lets see how hungry I am today. So far, not looking so good. I'm starving and off to have a bowl of cereal!

chart said...

and finally just flat out told myself to forget it. Even the paperboy was late,so at 6 AM I got the paper - read the sports section and hung it on the door for my neighbor. I had a cup of coffee, went back to bed at 6:30 AM. At last I went to sleep and woke up about 10:30 AM. Sooo, this is not for me but GOOD LUCK to everyone else. Today I'm not worth a damn. xox

chart said...

I don't know what happened to the first part of my oration. Guess Morgan is doing his dirty work. You get the idea. It all started about 11:30 PM. Couldn't go to sleep just thinking about all the pounds that was dropping off. I went from reading to computer and back to reading and finally gave up. At my stage of the game - why worry??? xox

Manette said...

Sounds like my perfect diet!!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: