Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Can I Hitch a Ride???


Take one guess who is having car trouble......

Yep, the schoolbus is in the shop. Dot has been saying for the past couple weeks that the engine sounded funny. Came out of work and it wouldn't start. Got a jump and drove directly to Sears Express Battery....who promptly informed me that its not the battery, but probably the alternator or some belt that's not working correctly. So, out to the dealership we drove.

I'll be having to borrow my parents' car. At least that will keep my mom from driving for a week or so. I choose to look on the bright side...


In other news, things are getting exciting around here. We'll be ordering Taylor's birthday cakes from publix this weekend. Yes, you read that right. Cakes. Plural. In my Princess-and-Pirate-party-planning mania, I forgot all about her school birthday party. All the kids have one. How can T not? So, we went rushing out for supplies and let T pick the theme. Its Tinkerbell. We bought some paperware to decorate, some gift bags, and some candy to fill them. We'll be ordering the Tinkerbell Pull-Apart Cake from Publix for school, and the Ariel cake for the party next Saturday.


I'm obsessing some on what to order. I'm thinking chocolate and vanilla with pudding in the middle. I just know I won't make the HUGE snafu I made at her 1st birthday party. Longtime readers will remember that I ordered a carrot cake b/c I love it. Well, not one kid ate a piece.

Not. One.

Apparently, no kid likes carrotcake. They were so disappointed. God, did I feel bad. They were all so excited abou the elmo cake. Then their little faces fell upon looking at the nasty brown cake. Lesson learned there.

That's it for now!

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

park it said...

OMG that was K's cake for her 4th bday party(Ariel) loved it - and VANILLA - think less mess!
good luck with all that - what fun!
Carol
r u on Facebook?

Laura said...

LOL....great minds think alike - both Carols! Sara had the same Ariel cake at her party last week and wears the bracelet every day.
Carol J, you must join FB! Carol M, I'll search for you and friend you!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: