Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Is It Monday Yet?

So, I spent the week researching and contacting come healthcare agencies. Found one near my parents and I arranged a nurse to come and evaluate my mother on Sat. at 2:00 p.m. I'm pleased and have a feeling of accomplishment, that progress is being made. I come home and my sister Dot was here cooking up a delish meal, and all is right with the world.

WRONG.

My father calls me to inform me that he bought a frickin car. Since then, I've been stressed out and sick to my stomach. My sister and I have figured out that my father can't stand not to have "a back up" car. We recall growing up how he always had a truck and a car, and my mom had a car. We were a three, sometimes four vehicle family with only 2 drivers. He keeps his jeep such a mess, that no one can sit in the back seat, despite the fact that its a 2008 model. His sister is coming at the end of the month. He needs a car to drive her around in. I know that's his reasoning....

The problem will be keeping my mother from driving it. That just got exponentially harder. So, I'm still proceeding with my plan, to have someone drive her around for 3 hours 2 days a week. Take her shopping, carry her groceries, make sure she remembers to take her pill and buy the right things at the store, you get the idea. I think she'd feel more independent instead of having to rely on my father....who FORGOT to pick her up from the beauty shop last weekend.

Anyway, we have to go over there to do some stuff today and be there for the evaluation...if they even let the woman in the door. We'll see.

Is it Monday yet?

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Manette said...

I'm so sorry that it's been so long since I've read your blog. It sounds as if you've had a lot on your plate lately. Your parents are very lucky to have you and Dot there to help see them through these difficult years. Age can be such a bi#ch on people and their minds. You'll be in my thoughts!!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: